Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lines

I genuinely try to be a nice person, but there are times when I probably cross the line, and don't always apologize to the person for it. Most of the time that I get upset with people it is because they did something that I would never expect from them or they did something that I know that they know is wrong. Sometimes I'll then go off and talk to someone else to vent about how I feel about that person's actions and I've decided that I believe that to be wrong as well. I realized this mostly last night when I was talking about someone that is so very important in my life and although I wasn't happy with their actions, I was practically doing the same thing and judging them by being upset about their actions. I always felt that it was sort of a duty of mine to help keep people aware of their weaknesses, but then I saw that that usually ruins relationships with people and it's really not such a great idea. Do you think that it's more of a personal journey to realize your weaknesses or are people just too hypersensitive about that topic or is there some other opinion you have?

2 comments:

  1. I'm honestly not sure. I find myself in the same predicament at times, and I'm just not sure what the answer is. I guess I'm trying to just accept people the way they are and not expect them to change, but always believe that they can change if they so choose.

    ...if that even makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our own weaknesses and strengths and I think it is the noble thing to help others realize their strengths. It is so much easier to recognize our weaknesses, we don't need people to point them out to us ... life has a way of showing us our weaknesses. As we build others up they will rise to the occasion. If we truly want to help people change, then help them realize their potential as Children of God. God shows us our weaknesses that they may become strengths. That is His job. Our job is to LOVE our neighbor as we love ourselves. LOVE is a powerful force that changes lives.
    Love, Sis. Edginton

    ReplyDelete