Thursday, February 25, 2010

Foods

Since moving to Arizona there are several new foods that I have tried, and I wanted to share some of the goods and bads with you.

Fried Eggplant - Before I moved to Arizona I had NEVER tried eggplant and wasn't even remotely interested in it. So, the first Sunday that I was in Arizona I was invited over to a family's house for lunch and that was the main part of their meal. I actually found it to be rather delicious. I'm not sure the exact recipe they used, but they got the eggplant from their own garden and it was magnificent!

Blood Oranges - I don't really know how to describe these. If you could have seen my face when I first tasted one you probably would have laughed all night long. Ick!

Tangelos - Delicious. Enough said. Haha.

Funeral Potatoes - Okay, so I have tried 2 variations of this and the more simpler one was amazing, but the first time I tried the more complicated version I thought it was disgusting.

I'm sure there are many other new things that I have tried, but I can't remember them all right now, and I figured this was a good start of a list. I'm sure over time there will be plenty more things to add. :)

1 comment:

  1. I like all of those things, too! Except I have never tried blood oranges...so I can't speak for those.

    ReplyDelete