Friday, January 29, 2010

Veggie Tales

Tonight I am watching a Veggie Tales movie. More specifically I am watching the Jonah one that I have seen several times, but I still love! Anyway, even though I am already part way through it I figured I would keep track of some of my thoughts and quotes that I like throughout the movie! :)

1. In the beginning of the movie Jonah is bringing the people a message from God and they sing this awesome cute little song and the line I love in the song is, "If you follow God's commands, there will be peace throughout the land. You will live long and happy lives." There are lots of little good snippets in this song, but I like this one because there is evidence throughout the scriptures as well as in the modern world. There is also peace in our own lives when we follow God's commands, and not just in the land in general although that can happen as well. "Follow them [referring to God's commands] and you're no fool!"

2. "They lied, they stealed, but worst of all they slapped people with fishes! They even slapped eachother with fishes!" Okay, so the fish slapping has to be one of the funniest parts of the movie. I mean, come on, peas wiithout arms slapping eachother with fishes. It doesn't get much funnier than that people!

3. Compassion is on the menu at the restaurant... and so is mercy.

4. "We are the pirates who don't do anything." This is just such a catchy song and will be stuck in my head for weeks now. WooT!

5. God knows. Yeah, the prophet tried to run away. Pretttttyyy sure that's a big no-no.

6. Playing cards is apparently the new way to find out who God is mad with.

7. "We've got a plank. You can just walk off!"

8. Beware of attack motors.

9. "That was easy"

10. Rolling down a ship is a fun time.. except when there is a whale pulling the ship along... or you're on the Titanic. o_O

11. "You see the whale as half empty but I see the whale as half full!" Neither of them knows what this means.. but I do!

12. "You're feeling pretty blue. You didn't do what God requested." This is so very true!

13. "We're gonna be digested! Do you know what that means?!" Can I get an ick ick!

14. "They're punishment... the slap of no return!" Sounds dangerous....

15. "Smell him. Smell him!" -_-'

16. "Stop cheating. Stop lying. And especially stop slapping people with fishes!"

17. "God gives everyone a second chance, and so should we."

18. "The world needs more people who are nice, and compassionate, and merciful."


Okay, so I just threw this together and I'm way tired so I'm going to sleep! :) Maybe I'll reflect more on it tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. "Oh, our reputation precedes us!"

    "Of course I do! Digestion runs very deep in my family!"

    "Now true in your life you probably don't ride on a camel, and you probably won't wake up inside a large aquatic mammal..."

    "Noooooowwwww, Billy Joe McGruffrey was a really clumsy kid, on the first day of first grade, I'll tell you what he did."

    "I can't hear you!" (to God)

    I could really go on. I love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes those were some that I was going crazy laughing so I didn't write them down, so thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete