Saturday, January 23, 2010

Boyfriends

"I have felt His love in sacred and unforgettable ways. We have felt His forgiveness, His love and comfort."
Neil L. Anderson

So, I was thinking this afternoon about all my past boyfriends. Yep, all ZERO of them and was thinking about possible reasons that I have never had a boyfriend. I used to wonder what was wrong with me and do the whole self pity thing but I now realize how absolutely stupid that was of me (No offense if you do that. I understand that it's hard to get over, especially in this world). Sure, I still know that I have shortcomings and things that I need to work on, but so does everyone else.


Anyway, as I was thinking I realized that this all is probably just a blessing in disguise. I mean, according to family statistics I should already have my first child, but I don't. I have had my heart broken by a guy that I wasn't dating and it was incredibly horrible pain, but it's not like I really lost anyone. I have dealt with a lot of things while not actually in a relationship that I truly believe will help me if and when I ever am in a relationship. I also feel like this has given me more of a opportunity to "mature."


But let's be honest. The all obviously just goes back to the fact that boys have cooties. Yep, that is most definitely it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh boys SO have cooties.

    Srsly. They're overrated. And the number of boyfriends you've had means nothing. I've dated my fair share of boys, and you and I are still in the same place: single.

    Woo woo!!

    ReplyDelete