Thursday, March 4, 2010

Music

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
Berthold Auerbach


Tonight as I have been struggling to sleep as well as get homework done I have been listening to and thinking about music and the impact it has on each of our lives. As I was doing this I decided to look up some quotes on music. Some of them were humorous, others inspiring, and yet most were very telling. I don't know a single soul that doesn't love some sort of music. The music we listen to tells us who we are - it creates us in a way that no other thing can. Music influences our everyday life - our actions, decisions, and the things we hold closest to our heart. Even the most musically inept person appreciates music for the art it is. I have known from a very young age of the musical talent that God has blessed me with and I realize that I need to continue working on improving upon that talent as I used to. It is so important for all of us to get involved with music. It is a great way to praise and communicate with God and can express emotions and feelings that uttered words would never compare to. Everyday on facebook multiple people quote lyrics from songs to show how they are feeling when they can not find their own words to be adequate enough to express those feelings. I encourage everyone to listen to all types of music, but also develop your own tastes and feelings about music. Close your eyes and relax while listening. Make music, let it define you, and breathe it in with every breath you take. Music is a gift from God that is more beautiful than anything else.


Cherish it, Bathe in it, Create it


Love it, Listen to it, Become it


Know it, learn from it, teach with it


In everything you do, music will surround you. Let it do so and you will find life to be so much more pleasant. Music expresses the soul's deepest desire.


This is my wish and I hope to someday have music on this blog. Do you feel the same about music? What are some of your favorite songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment