Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Questions

Ever since I have joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I have seriously considered serving a full time mission. Now that there is a little less than a year until I can submit my paperwork I have been thinking about this and school and work a lot lately. All of these are big things that effect the rest of a person's life. I have decided that I do want to prepare for a mission, whether I go on one right when I turn 21 or later and I wanted to let my friends know. The one big problem is money. I need to get out of debt first and in order to do that I will need to put all the money I earn this next year towards that debt and then IF I have any extra it would go towards my mission. I have heard that sometimes you can get help with the funding of the mission, which I will look into if it looks like I will need to (which I probably will) but it really all depends on how work ends up working out. I do not use my savings account at all, so I have decided to make that my mission account and will probably just be putting my spare change and stuff in there for now. If anyone would like to help me with this, feel free to message me, but either way just lots of prayers and love would be appreciated! Thank you much!

As far as school goes I am trying to figure out my new plan for that. I could probably squeeze in a 2 year degree really quick if I leave for my mission a few months later than when I turn 21. The only problem is I am trying to decide between 3 degrees because I am going to SMCC which doesn't have as many degree options as I would like, but I would at least like to get something. Also, that would be more loans that I would have to pay off so that is another thing that I am worried about. Once again, lots of prayers sent in my direction would be wonderful as I will be praying hard for answers to all these questions as well!

Anyway, that is just a little glimpse of a few big things I am thinking about right now. I will post more details as I get and think of them! I am definitely going to be writing to several of my friends that are on missions soon!

1 comment:

  1. Most two-year degrees are just stepping stones anyway, so what you choose probably won't matter all that much in the long run, if you continue your education after you get back from a mission. If you want to get a two-year under your belt first, I'd just go for a general or something else really generic.

    Congrats on unofficially starting the mission process. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete